ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, MEMBER SERVICES - The NAWCC has an immediate opening for an administrative assistant in the Member Services Department. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, maintaining membership information, providing customer service by phone and email, and assisting the department manager and staff.
The position is full-time Monday thru Friday. Primary responsibility includes upkeep of membership database; daily, weekly and monthly reports and spreadsheets; and handling phone and email correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft products especially Excel, Word and Publisher is essential. Knowledge of Membership/Association/CRM software and/or iMIS is a plus.
Qualifications include an Associate degree, two to four years related experience, good oral and written communication skills, pleasant demeanor communicating with public, Association members and other staff. Candidate will need to be able to multi-task.
NAWCC is an international nonprofit organization devoted to timekeeping and timekeeping devices. The NAWCC includes a museum, a publishing department and a library & research center. Programs support the Association’s 13,000 plus members and a diverse public audience.
FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Member Services
Reports To: Member Services Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily upkeep of the membership database and assisting the Member Services Manager and staff. Their purpose is to provide a helpful point of contact between members and Headquarters.
Primary Responsibilities include
• Process and post daily internet membership batches and research who is a new member, a reinstate member or a yearly renewal.
• Update database daily with membership renewals received thru mail and phone. Create deposit to match daily monies collected which will be collected by Accounting Assistant for bank deposit.
• Handle updating member file from dues collected and any member changes associated with daily renewals.
• Update daily reports and spreadsheets.
• Answer telephone and email correspondence.
• Monthly USPS, UPS and Special Subscription reports.
Secondary Responsibilities include
• Process membership resignations and deaths. Keep file of deceased members for publication in bimonthly Watch & Clock Bulletin. Contact surviving spouse with expression of sympathy and comment on policy of assuming membership number.
• Update chapter officers in database and notify other departments of changes. Provide packet of services to new chapter presidents.
• Provide printed database to Regionals for use at registration table.
• Weekly update of development database of eligible recipients for Executive Director newsletter.
• Provide bimonthly membership activity reports to chapter representative.
• Maintain UPS shipment file and reconcile monthly invoice for Controller.
• Process 990N for Chapters for IRS Filing.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Knowledge and abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft products especially Excel, Word and Publisher.
• Knowledge of calculator, copier and printer.
• Ability to learn and operate postal equipment.
• Knowledge of iMIS is a plus or other Membership/Association/CRM software.
• Performs under supervision of the Member Service Manager.
• Associate’s degree.
• Two to four years related experience.
• Good phone etiquette.
• Good typing skills.
• Should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Pleasant demeanor communicating with public, members and other staff.
• The employee will need to be able to multi-task; answer telephone and handle interruptions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work is computer intensive.
• Telephone responsibilities.
• 39 hour work week Monday thru Friday.