Call for Artists
A Matter of Time Exhibit
October 25, 2013 -May 31, 2014
Submissions due: August 30, 2013
The National Watch and Clock Museum issue a call for artists for the upcoming exhibition A Matter of Time.This exhibit invites artists to respond to the concept of timekeeping and how it is represented today. Artists are encouraged to visit the museum and www.museumoftime.org for more information. Special consideration will be given to those works that are functional timekeepers as well.
So how do you as an artist respond to the concept of timekeeping?
Rules for Entry
Open to professional artists and students working in all media.
This exhibit will be located in the special exhibit gallery in the museum. The space is approximately 450 square feet. Twelve exhibit display cases (25” x 16”) are available for works needed to be protected under glass.
Deadline for submission: Received by Friday August 30, 2013. No exceptions. There is no entry fee.
1. Please submit up to 4 works as jpegs on a CD. Each image should be no larger than 1MB. Please call or email if you have questions.
2. Each jpeg file name should correlate with the entry form. You may include up to 3 detailed images of each work.
3. Each artist must include a brief artist statement (no longer than two paragraphs) and a resume as word documents or pdf.
4. Return the completed entry form with your digital submissions. Discs will not be returned.
5. If you are unable to submit work in a digital format, please contact for assistance.
Selection and Installation of Exhibit
Accepted artists will be notified by phone or email. You can call to verify submission status. All work must be in good condition and ready for installation. Artists are responsible for assisting with installation of works which require special attention or extensive demands of time. The National Watch and Clock Museum reserves the right to change the content of the exhibit, including the removal of artwork.
Delivery of Work
The time of delivery and installation of artwork will be arranged with each participating artist after notification of acceptance. Artists or artists’ galleries are responsible for shipping and
delivery of works, including transfer insurance if needed, as well as the retrieval of work at the end of the exhibit. Please do not submit works that have already been sold.
Each accepted artist will receive a loan agreement. Artwork will be insured once received by the National Watch and Clock Museum for the duration of the exhibit and installation/de-installation periods.