NAWCC Lending Library Guidelines
- NAWCC members may borrow up to three books, videos, Bulletin issues, or microfilm reels at a time, in any combination, by mail.
- A complete list of the video programs is available on the library’s website.
- Lending library forms are available on the library’s website and in every issue of the Mart.
- Please include a check, cash, or money order for the amount of postage due. Lending/Shipping fees are a flat rate of $7. Credit card payments may be made through PayPal by contacting the library.
- Online Requests may be made through the catalog by following the “Request Hold” link to the right of the title on the results screen. Please include a valid email address that you check regularly so that we can contact you to confirm the request. Fees can by paid by credit card through PayPal or by requesting an invoice to pay cash or check when returning the items.
- Insurance is required when shipping any books valued at over $100. Insurance requirements are noted in a book’s catalog record.
- Items are on loan for 6 weeks. If you need an item for more than 6 weeks, contact the library to renew.
- If an item that you request is on loan to another member you will be notified and it will be put on reserve for you and sent as soon as it is returned to the library.
- If you do not receive your requested items or a notice that they are on reserve within three weeks after you send your request, please contact the library.
- The library does not charge overdue fines, but lending and research privileges are suspended for members who have overdue books.
- A reminder will be sent by email and/or US mail to members who have books out that are more than a month overdue.
- If no response is received after three overdue notices are sent by the library, the member will be charged for the cost of replacing the items on loan to him or her.
- International members may use the Lending Library by agreeing to pay airmail postage in both directions for items borrowed. Books that must be insured cannot be loaned unless the international member agrees to assume full responsibility for them during the sending and returning of the items. Please note that VHS tapes and DVDs may not be compatible with non-U.S. video players. Please note that we cannot accept non-US checks. Lending fees must be paid in cash or by credit card.
- Sending books to Canada costs approximately twice as much as within the United States, as they are shipped airmail; therefore, shipping charges for Canadian members are double the amount that United States members must pay. Books that must be insured cannot be loaned unless the Canadian member agrees to assume full responsibility for them during the sending and returning of the items. Please note that we cannot accept non-US checks. Lending fees must be paid in cash or by credit card.